The Club was formed
in 1880 at Forge Field, a well known local beauty spot. the Club then moved to
The Avenue Ground, Hexham Road, Swalwell in 1892 - leased from The Clavering
Estate until 1976 when the ground was purchased outright, thus securing its
future. It was a beautiful 'village ground' - the scene of wonderful cricket
over many years. The opportunity to move on arose in 1999 when the land was
sold to a property developer. The proceeds enabled the Club to take a lease on
Derwenthaugh Park and build a modern Clubhouse and Ground to a very high
standard. A 'flagship ground' for Swalwell and cricket in the North of England.
We have two senior teams which play in the Northumberland and Tyneside Senior League, and four junior teams playing in the Tyneside Junior Division of the same league.
New players at both senior and junior level are always welcome and enquiries should be directed to Paul Dumighan 07872017956 (seniors) or Joanna Hodgson 07732639844 (juniors).
The Club is fully licenced and everyone is welcome to enjoy the bar and social facilities.
Click here for information about hiring the club for a function.
Click here for information about forthcoming social events